Friday, May 1, 2009

National Short Story Month

Larry Dark, who heads the Story Prize and has a blog at thestoryprize.blogspot.com and a website at ldark@thestoryprize.org has asked his readers about the advisability or possibility of trying to start a National Short Story Month, something like the National Poetry Month. I think it is a great idea; of course, I think anything that might encourage readers to read good short stories is a great idea. I wonder what my readers think about this. Larry posted a poll and got good results. If you have not responded to Larry's poll, please respond to mine. And please leave a comment to this post if you have any ideas about this or any recommendations of others that I might contact about the idea. I would like to help promote this.

2 comments:

Lee said...

"What's not to like?" --Charles May, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

(heh heh)

Lee said...

http://robaroundbooks.com/2009/05/dan-wickett-shoots-for-short-story-ambassadorship/